NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
State Vocational Rehabilitation Committee to meet in Bethel
May 1 – 2, 2013
The State Vocational Rehabilitation Committee (SVRC), will hold its quarterly meeting in Bethel on May 1 and 2, 2013 at the Allanivik Hotel Conference Room located at 1220 Chief Eddie Hoffman Hwy #200, Bethel, AK 99559.
Meeting Schedule Details
- The meeting will be held from 8:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m.
- Public Testimony on the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation’s services and the Division’s 2014 State Plan will be heard from 12:00 p.m. until 1:00 p.m.
- A public forum on meaningful employment opportunities, including subsistence, for Alaskans with disabilities in rural and remote Alaska will be conducted from 3:30 p.m. until 5:00 p.m.
- The meeting will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
How to Participate in the Public Testimony
1. In-person by coming to the Allanivik Hotel Conference Room during the public testimony portion of the meeting on May 1, 2013 from 12:00 p.m. until 1:00 p.m.
2. By email to Jason.Caputo@alaska.gov or by fax to Jason Caputo at 907-465-2856. To ensure your email or fax can be read at the meeting, please send by 4:00 p.m., April 26.
3. By phone on May 1, 2013 from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. Call 1-888-354-0094 and, when prompted, enter the conference code number 2179208 followed by the # sign.
The SVRC promotes the employment and rehabilitation of people with disabilities by creating statewide interest in disability issues, encouraging cooperation among individuals, public agencies, private organizations, and businesses in obtaining assistance for, and education about, people with disabilities.
The State of Alaska, Department of Labor and Workforce Development, complies with Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals attending the meeting who require special accommodations should contact Carol Stephens at 1-800-478-2815 or at 907-465-6922 no later than April 22, 2013.