$6.5 million combined solicitation for AYF, CTE, AOGTF, and STEP training grants
The Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development, Division of Business Partnerships, in conjunction with the Alaska Workforce Investment Board (AWIB), requests grant applications for training projects under Alaska Youth First (AYF), Career and Technical Education (CTE), Alaska Oil and Gas Training Fund (AOGTF), and State Training and Employment Program (STEP). This is a combined request for grant applications (RGA) for state fiscal year 2015. The RGAs and advisories include additional detailed information regarding this solicitation.
The division will host multiple technical assistance sessions, in-person and via teleconference on the following dates:
- Friday, January 31, 2014 from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. for general questions related to the electronic application process, objectives of the combined solicitation, review and award processes;
- Monday, February 3, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. for program specific questions and issues related to STEP;
- Monday, February 3, 2014 from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. for program specific questions and issues related to AOGTF;
- Tuesday, February 4, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. for specific questions and issues related to AYF; and
- Tuesday February 4, 2014 from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. for specific questions and issues related to CTE.
To participate via teleconference, call 1-888-354-0094. When prompted, enter the conference ID number 6981708# to join the conference. Because lines are limited, we request that only one person per agency call in. For those who wish to attend in person, technical assistance sessions will be held at The Division of Business Partnerships, 1016 West 6th Avenue, Anchorage, Alaska.
To aid applicants in their submissions, applications will be accepted through a web-based, electronic grants administration and management system, EGrAMS. A tutorial showing a step by step process on how to use EGrAMS is available at the Division of Business Partnerships’ web site: http://www.labor.state.ak.us/bp/egrams/home.htm. Paper applications will not be accepted.
Please note that grant applications must be submitted no later than Friday, February 28, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. Award funding is limited by the availability of funds each fiscal year and subject to appropriation by the Alaska state legislature.
Date of Issue: Wednesday, January 15, 2014
Submission Deadline: 5:00 p.m., Friday, February 28, 2014
Project Timeline: July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015
The Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development and the Division of Business Partnerships are equal opportunity employers. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who needs an accommodation in order to participate in this process, please contact Ron Goertz, Program Coordinator II at 907-269-4647 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The coordinator should be contacted no later than January 27, 2014 to ensure that any necessary accommodations can be provided.